Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Literary Benches


Yesterday I went for a stroll with the peeps through the nature reserve at Barlow. It was not a very warm or sunny day but I had a good time and we came across a lot of benches carved with literary quotations! This one read: A poor life this, if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.



This sign was showing all the kinds of creatures and plants that can be seen here at different times of the year. We saw some but not many of the ones on this picture.


Here I am setting off from the car park. Dogs have to be on lead as there are all sorts of wild creatures here that might be disturbed by dogs running free but I didn't mind.


The hawthorn bushes were all out in blossom - some peeps call this bush "May" as it flowers in May.


Here I am kind of posing by the bluebells. I did not want to stand still for the photo as you can see!


There were lots of rabbits around but they did not want to stay for long and kept hiding in the bushes.


As well as the benches there were carved posts along the pathway showing some of the plants and creatures that can be seen here at different times of the year.


This one said: Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience - I haven't quite managed to adopt that pace yet BOL!


And this one: In every walk in nature one receives far more than one seeks



        And: I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree...




We did not see any butterflies but I think it was too cold for them - they love the sun!


                            There were geese swimming on the lake there too.


      Well I hope you enjoyed seeing those benches - I had to be posed on every one!


But I did enjoy the walk and hope we can go back in the summer when we may see butterflies.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, speckled wood Buttie Pillars! What a shame you didn't see any!
    It did look a wonderful place fur walkies, thoughtfully situated benches are just what you need fur a rest and recharge of batteries, hehe. Certainly, a place to revisit and hopefully the Buttie Pillars might come out to play next time as well as baby bunnies
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK why hoomans like to pose us on benches, logs, and rocks! It's crazy! Speaking of crazy, me and Stanley would have gone crazy over all the rabbits!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great walk, Moth. We DID enjoy seeing all those benches....well, SHE did, we were more interested in the ducks and bunnies. Looks like a fantastic place for a stroll--doesn't matter about the sun.

    ReplyDelete